I've had the same problem with #1239.  I have made some observations about
it.

1) It does not involve the KPA3.
2) The behavior is as if the power had been set to 0.0 by a program bug.
Cannot hear the carrier externally on CW -- when it's working I CAN hear the
carrier with power set to 0.1 w on the K2 setting next to it.  When it's
working and I set power to 0.0 I do NOT hear the carrier on K2 setting next
to it.

When power is at 0.0 I still hear some VERY low level phase noise or keying
artifacts. When the trouble is in effect, I still hear the keying artifacts.

I have several times caused the power to return by simply putting the rig in
TUNE and leaving it there. It will come back to power over a long interval
(5 minutes?) in a very jerky manner and suddenly kick in at 100 watts from
somewhere in the 5-6-7-8 watt range. Idea here was to burn it in or burn it
out.  But neither happens, and it happens semi-randomly -- Seems to happen
mostly when turning it on after cooling off overnight.

Could this really be an ALC bug?

Is there a diagnostic we can run, or a test procedure to further isolate
this trouble?  Would really love to solve this before the contest season.

Guy.