On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:42:29 -0700 (PDT), Guy, K2AV wrote:

>Would really love to solve this before the contest season.

If you haven't already done so, you should definitely call Elecraft
support. When describing your problem, tell them that we've talked
about it, and that MAYBE there is something in common between your
problem and mine. In their first stage look at my radio (before
putting it queue for to their best bench guy to fix), they noted
that it was the 10W amp that is not running and that a board
connector was not as well seated as it might have been. This was a
kit, so blame me for that.

73,

Jim K9YC