K5WK inquired:
> I received 5 xtals with my k3 which I am assembling.
> Two had offsets marked on the side, these were the elecraft
> 2.7 and .2.
> Three from Inrad (1.8, 1, and  .4) did not have a sticker
> with offset on them.
> Maybe these did not go thru the test at elecraft?  Do xtals
> always come with that white sticker on them if they have been
> properly tested?
>
> Ken K5WK

KK7P replied:
> > Three from Inrad (1.8, 1, and  .4) did not have a sticker
> with offset on them.
>
> The 8-pole filters have no offset, please use 0.0.
>
> 73,
>
> Lyle kK7P

K6KR replied:
> It's on page 74 of the owner's manual, in the Crystal Filter
> Installation Appendix.
>
> 5-pole filters have a FREQ OFFSET marked on the side of one
> of the crystals, e.g. “-0.85”.
>
> The offset for all 8-pole filters is 0.00.
>
> Dick, K6KR

While it is true that the 8-pole filters are designed for no offset from the
IF, in reality several of mine do have a significant offset ... that is, an
offset large enough to warrant correction in the filter configuration in the
CONFIG menu.  For example, all of my 400 Hz filters are off by 80 Hz or so.
Ironically, the 2.8 kHz filters are perfectly centered when a few tens of Hz
one way or the other wouldn't matter.  If you care about this it is easy
enough to check the actual center position of all your crystal filters and
configure in an appropriate correction where needed.

73,
Ed - W0YK