Lets try this again with further explanation. I am retired and do not have an
endless budget to upgrade the K3. The upgrades I make will depend on their
cost – yet I want to progress toward the “ultimate” K3 and not end up with a
box of high dollar “junk.” I would like to know what I need to do certain
things and not buy unnecessary parts and/or not have everything I need.  I
have read here that if you want the 8-pole filter on the second receiver
that you need to have an 8-pole filter on the main receiver. Perhaps a few
(but not every) examples will give you the idea. I do not think these are
correct – that is why I am asking.
1.      Second receiver used only as general coverage receiver – desire to
listen
to AM, FM, and CW. The following is needed, at a minimum -
     a. KRX3,
     b. KBF3,
     c. KFL3B-FM,
     d. KFL3A-6K - ??,
     e. KFL3A-2.7 - ??.
2.       No second Receiver – Desire to add FM
     a. KFL3B-FM
     b. ???
3.      No second receiver – desire to add second receiver WITH 2.8 8 pole
filter
     a. KRX3,
     b. KFL3A-2.8
     c. KFL3A-2.8 – for main receiver - ??????
     d. What do I do with the old 5 pole filter,
     e. Or should I just order the 5-pole filter.

Does this give you a better idea?

As you can see, looking at all of the options and various configurations you
(almost) need a spreadsheet!

Thanks Rich