My thought is that the problem was caused by one or more of the natural spurious responses of the KX-1's receiver, not by some harmonic or spur generated by the BC transmitters themselves. BC transmitter harmonics might also be generated and heard if you had a "rusty bolt" problem caused by say a nearby fence, and the BC signals were strong enough.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Stephen Prior wrote on Monday, August 25, 2008 at 2:07 PM

As I have mentioned before, I really enjoyed using the KX-1 on holiday in
Europe this year but found that there were several broadcast stations
appearing across 20m from about 14.20MHz upwards. I was using a roughly 5/8
wave vertical antenna with counterpoise and the internal ATU.

Is this normal operation, or should I delve into the manual for alignment
procedures? I am at a disadvantage in that I did not build the unit.  The
radio suffered a pretty bad knock whilst camping and I am wondering if
something is adrift.