I am consummately pleased with my K3.  I am astounded with the raw
performance and dazzled with the features.  I look forward to remaining
stunned with the product as more features are implemented. Considering the
breadth of uses the K3 is applied towards by the large diversity of users
with widely varying technical expertise and focus, Elecraft succeeds
surpassing expectations masterfully.  The fact they have incorporated in
their development strategy a transparent and responsive forum easily
accessible to the unqualified and very well qualified is revolutionary but
sometimes reading this reflector is a little like getting my news at the
pub.

     Expectedly, just as in the pub, there is a wide diversity here of
informed, misinformed, and those wishing to be informed but there is often
too much conflicting misinformation containing personal views of second hand
"facts" obscuring the successes with unfounded doubts which raise spurious
issues.  One recurring theme concerns the perception of software failures
and as yet unimplemented features.  Frequently, operational flexibility or
designer prerogative is misconstrued as a failure or a bug and unimplemented
features thus far have a history of being implemented.
     Earlier technology adopters have little problem sorting through these
issues.  They are usually the folks in the pub smiling and enjoying a pint
before returning to the shack and playing radio.  Latter technology adopters
tend to be the animated somewhat noisy nervous crew spilling their ale and
prone to moan at every retelling of the latest "disasterous" development.
     When walking by the pub many folks, usually the last adopters, write
off the whole pub as too unstable to consider viable.  All of us could
benefit from the simple facts from the source.

     An Official List both of features to be enabled and recognized bugs
might go a long way towards reducing the spurious responses and allaying the
fear of features yet to be enabled.  Such a list likely already exists among
the developers.

     Or did I miss finding it?  I love a good pint and a smile but sometimes
I am the last to know.

Jim Benson
NS5U/1
My K3 Mojo is working

My two cents and worth just what you paid for it.