NS5U/1 Jim Benson wrote:

>      An Official List both of features to be enabled and recognized bugs
> might go a long way towards reducing the spurious responses and allaying
> the fear of features yet to be enabled.  Such a list likely already exists
> among the developers.

Jim, I don't think you'll ever stop hams from airing their opinions,
informed or otherwise. :)

While I have sometimes thought that something like an online bug tracker, as
used by a lot of open source software projects (an example:
http://bugs.freepascal.org/) would be a nice thing to have, a way for people
to report issues they have found or make suggestions for enhancements and
then track the progress being made, I suspect that implementing this and
then maintaining it would be a lot of work for what is after all a very
small development team, time that might be better spent writing and testing
code.

We're getting there, most people are happy now, but the nature of ham radio
is that users have widely different priorities, and some will always find
something to grumble about.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham