When I tried setting K3 CONFIG:SMTR MD to ABS, I found that the S-meter reading
then stayed constant regardless of the setting of the preamp/attenuator, in
agreement with the Owner's Manual addendum.

However, the reading for a 50-microvolt input signal (with the preamp on and
attenuator off) falls from S-9 to S-6 as CONFIG:SMTR MD is changed from NOR to
ABS.

Shouldn't a 50-microvolt input signal produce an S-9 reading regardless of the
setting of CONFIG:SMTR MD?

Alternatively, the Owner's Manual S-Meter calibration procedure would need to
mention the setting of CONFIG:SMTR MD.

73, Paul W8TM