This is GREAT NEWS for those of us who use noisy amplifiers!  This development
will greatly simplify my own process of trying to integrate my K3 into the
station
here, since I can leave the current microphone and noise gate setup for the
IC746
largely intact, and just use the new K2 Pro-Set directly into the K3 :-)  I
look
forward to trying out a noise gate function in a future firmware release!

VY 73, Lance

Lyle Johnson wrote:
> Hello Bob!
>
>> I'm sure Elecraft will have a Noise Gate built into a K3's firmware
>> some day, but a noise gate is a valuable tool
>
> An experimental Downward Expander will be available in the K3 firmware
> in the near future.  It has been undergoing some limited testing already
> :-)
>
> 73,
>
> Lyle KK7P

Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73
Frenchtown, MT  59834  USA
QTH: DN27UB
TEL: (406) 626-5728   URL: http://www.bigskyspaces.com/w7gj