I do likewise, but Apple Mail automatically separates into different mailboxes for each account I use and I then sub-divide with a rule. I discard anything that has k2, k1, kx1 etc. but doesn't have K3, so I tend to just get general mail and K3 stuff (and everything in my trash stays there for 7 days anyway).
It also has a pretty good black & white list.
I don't use digests for the reason given by Dave and that Apple Mail is brilliant at threading, so after 10 posts on something I don't want to read, I just delete the whole lot with one click :-)
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
Mathematics is the language with which God has written the universe.
-Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)