Actually the AGC works quite well, and it is post AGC mod model. I am merely taking advantage of the fact that the AGC is configurable. I do not "have" to make the changes, but due to the radio's flexibility, I am able to make the changes, and that helps with weak signals.

On the other hand, if there are strong signals near the weak, then I can turn the AGC back towards "normal" or "tolerable" levels. At this point signals have the same audio levels regardless of RF levels.

By reading Jacks articles, a better understanding of the various settings can be obtained, and the various settings can be implemented to tackle various "obstacles". Making the rig more configurable and useful to the operator.

David Wilburn
K4DGW

Charles Harpole wrote:
Get Elecraft to fix ur radio so that the AGC works

better, early versions out of the box necessitated

turning off AGC and riding RF Gain, like the first

DXpeditioners did.  Those who say K3 AGC is ok

either got a good one or got it fixed later.

73

Charles Harpole

[EMAIL PROTECTED]