As I might have mentioned a few times... I use my K2 as an outboard 2nd receiver for my K3, it works very well and the most recent addition is a small project box with a pair of phono sockets to both mute the K2 and key my linear (Acom 1000, 12 Volt keying, just a few milliamps needed). The set-up comprises:

K3 with KXV3, route the RX RF OUT to an antenna splitter, one side of the splitter goes to RX RF IN, the other to the K2's RX only antenna input (needs the 160m option).

I mute the K2 by "keying" it on TX from the KEY OUT on the K3, put it into "TEST" mode on CW, turn the power to zero and set the sidetone to zero. TX delay is best set a bit longer than normal - 500 mS seems fine. I have a small 50 Ohm load on the main antenna socket of the K2 but it's not essential.

The antenna splitter is shown on my K3 page (http://www.astromag.co.uk/k3/) and comprises 2 x FT50-43 cores in a small project box. To key my linear and also mute the K2, I have another project box, 2 x phono sockets and a screened lead with a phono plug on it. I have a diode from each socket centre to the centre of the screened lead, anode to the phono socket centres. Take the phono plug to the KEY OUT, one phono socket goes to the KEY IN of the K2, the other to the KEY IN of the linear.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80