Andrew

I'm not quite sure what you mean here.  The VFO will tune continuously over
the whole HF range.  Are you saying you can't transmit on those frequencies?
I can't remember whether I had to open up the TX or not before I had qsos on
60m.  Given a sensible reason, Elecraft will supply a little bit of software
to remove the TX band limits.

73 Stephen G4SJP