> Try this.  Set your K3 up to display dBV.  Turn your K3 off.
> Turn the K3 on.  Look at the value.  Wait.  See if it ever
> changes from +99.9.  It never does here.

In setting up the dBV display, you must first set a reference.
Select AFV (AF Voltage), allow the display to stabilize, then
select dBV.

If dBV is selected when initially applying power to the K3, the
reference voltage is ALWAYS zero volts.  ANY audio output is an
infinite increase over zero - thus 99.9 dBV.

As Stef says, you must first set a reference (AFV) before the
dBV (relative change) value has any meaning.