Steve:

Consider connecting a dummyload to ANT2, and then tuning the K3 ATU on
EACH BAND to the dummy load.  Then, when you are on the Palstar-tuned
antenna, and it is giving 1:1 (supposedly 50 ohms, similar to the
dummyload), the ATU will already be matched to the anticipated 50 ohm
load and won't require 'tuning', but also won't require BYPassing
either.

73,

Tom   N0SS