I have just noticed that my K3 appears to be giving vastly more peak power
out than the value selected by the power control. I assume that this issue
has occurred since my loading the version 2.38 production firmware after
returning from holiday, because I did not have this problem before then.

The constant carrier power level when TUNE is pressed appears to be correct.
However in PSK31 mode I am getting almost full scale on the internal meter
when 40W is dialled up. When the PSK software sends a tune signal (pure
tone) an external power meter shows about twice the amount of power that has
been specified. On SSB at 100W the internal meter seems to be at full scale
most of the time as well.

Has anyone else experienced this, and what is the solution?

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3