The "change to 1 bar" is something we discussed, but decided to not do it. Adjust for 4 or 5 bars. If you see the "hunting" then either decrease MIC gain until it goes away (probably at 2 or 3 bars) , or increase it slightly until it goes away (probably at 5 bars). Increasing will activate the ALC a bit (its threshold is 5 bars) and you may see it in slightly degraded IMD. Decreasing will not degrade IMD but may slightly affect affect power control accuracy.

I'm digging into the hunting among other tasks.

73,

Lyle KK7P/7