G'morning, Steve:

I set my K3 up as you specified, listening on 20(nothing but noise at this hour) and hear nothing like you describe. Nothing showing up on Spectrogram, either.

73,
Ken K3IU
K3 #202
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
n4lq wrote:
Recently I've been hearing a strange noise. I've installed the latest FW 2.46 but I'm not sure when this started. It's only audible from an external speaker and cannot be heard through the front headphone jack. The noise is a random, pulsating tone of about 360Hz and sounds a bit like RTTY but only one tone. It follows the band noise. It shows up on any band, any frequency. With the antenna disconnected, it disappears. It can be heard in any mode. I can swing the manual notch across the spectrum and it disappears when set to about 360HZ.

Please someone check for this.
Settings:
1. Antenna connected
2. Tune to any band, any mode.
3. Do not tune in a signal.
4. Must use an external speaker plugged into rear jack.
5. Fitler opened wide.
6. Listen closley under the band noise for low pitch, pulsating tone around 320 to 400 hz.

Let me know if you hear anything like this. Thanks.

Steve Ellington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]