Barry Pfeil wrote:
The owners manual (Rev D1) that came with my SN1774 K3 says, on page 31, that "...PSK D lets
you transmit via FSK IN, ASCII, or the keyer paddle".  I take this to mean I don't really need
a transmit audio connection from the computer my PSK31 software runs on to the K3.  Apparently the
transmit data would travel over the same RS232 interface I've implemented for my contesting
software and the K3 would create the PSK "warble" internally.  Very cool, BUT, everything
I read in the reflector archives talks about audio, not ASCII, interfaces for transmit on data
modes.  Is this ASCII feature implemented in the K3?  Do the PSK programs now have such an option
implemented?  My hands-on PSK experience is dated and with Digipan only.

The K3 utility that you use to update firmware has a sample
implementation under the "Terminal" tab. I've not heard of any "real"
software adding support yet, but the potential is definitely there...

    ~Iain