Iain MacDonnell - K6IAM wrote:

> The K3 utility that you use to update firmware has a sample
> implementation under the "Terminal" tab. I've not heard of any "real"
> software adding support yet, but the potential is definitely there...

My Elecraft logging program KComm supports the KY command used to send data
via ASCII to the K3 and could be used in PSK D and RTTY D modes but there
are some shortcomings in the K3 implementation so I haven't really tested it
as I don't consider it usable for any serious purpose. There is no way for
the computer to send the equivalent of the IM prosign you can send on the
key to terminate the transmission, so you have to wait for it to "time out".
There is no support for newline characters and everythging is sent in lower
case so the output looks odd in PSK31. And there is no way to get the
received data back into the logging program so you have to watch the
scrolling 7 character display on the K3 - if you miss it you've lost it.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3