I must say that my experience matches Bill's, except that it is limited, so far, to my K2. (My K3 may be about a month away!!) No problems at all with serial port keying from N1MM on Windows. I'm no big fan of Windows, but this is a non-issue.

73,
Randy, KS4L K2 #337
K3 soon!

Bill Coleman N2BC wrote:
FWIW, I've been using N1MM Logger keying via the serial port (and earlier via parallel port) since 'day 1' of Logger on many different PCs, WIN98 thru Vista, 'real' serial ports and USB-to-serial ports, on different YaeComWood rigs, a K2 and now my K3. It works just fine, always has.