Hi Marinus,

I left the tape that was already covering the holes when I received the kit. In fact, I believe they suggest that you do that in the manual. I only cut out the hole that I needed to use.

I also installed the mike connector on the front since I think it would look awful even if I didn't plan to use it. To me, it's like buying a car without head lights:-)

As far as CW is concerned, who knows? I work mostly CW and have noticed that I seem to work the same people over and over again. One of the reasons I have put off buying a new rig is because, I'm wondering about the future of ham radio myself. I'm not interested in the digital modes even though I have the SSB board installed in my K2.

Gary, N7HTS

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 05:50:10 +0000