Hi Lance,

I suppose you have to define transverter to use LowPower driving (XVx PWR L x.x) to use XVTR IN for RX (as KXV3 will be active in this mode). (Or you can set KXV3 to test in CONFIG (KXV3 TEST not norm) when all is routed via KXV3 ports but this has nothing to do with XVTR settings - see page 54 OpMan) Or you can use High setting (XVx H x.x via ANT port) and switch K3 to RX ANT to use RX ANT IN BNC port for RX and ANT for TX (this is I am using now). In both cases there is no way to blow-up RX as no RF can be on input ports.
If you need more deatils email me off the list.

No idea about muting, it is interesting question...

73!
Lexa, OK1DST
K3/10 #727

LANCE COLLISTER napsal(a):
Hello,

Can anybody help explain clearly to me how I connect a receive converter up to my K3? I blew up my 2m receive converter hooking it up to the main 28 MHz antenna terminal
today and I don't want to repeat that if I can find a replacement somewhere!

I have found the transverter settings in the config menu, and think I have those set up so I SHOULD be able to get something to work by plugging 28 MHz IF output into the transverter input, but I was unable to figure out how to make the K3 look for signal there. I also did not get any RF input when I connected the 28 MHz IF output to the RX ANT IN jack :-( There must be some mystery switch that I haven't found yet to
enable these two functions.

I also would appreciate it if somebody knows how to mute the K3 receiver when a
separate XMTR is being used. I searched the manual but could not find it.

I am trying to incorporate the K3 into my existing station, but the rats nest and maze of decades of wiring is very frightening! Any guidance would be greatly
appreciated. VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ (ex: WN3GPL, WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8)
P.O. Box 73