Lance,

Your frustration is coming through - yes, just before an event weekend is not really a good time to check everything out. Have you tried a power cycle? Is the receiver continuously muted? Was the key closed when the K3 was powered up? There is a TX lockout if the key or PTT is closed at power on time, and it will stay with transmit inhibited until the Key or PTT closure is opened. Is the K3 still in TX TEST? The little "TX" indicator will be blinking if in TX Test. Press TEST again to get out of test mode.
If not TX TEST, then do you have something holding TX INH active?
Do you see any error messages? If not, then it is most likely something wrong with your setup, but we really can't help much until we know more about all your connections.

73,
Don W3FPR

LANCE COLLISTER wrote:
gd0tep wrote:
> *Hi Lance & group.*
>
>>I also would appreciate it if somebody knows how to mute the K3 receiver
> when a
>>separate XMTR is being used. I searched the manual but could not find it.
>
> Something I've done to overcome a similar problem was TXing the K3 as
> well, perhaps have it go split somewhere away from your TX frequency at
> low to zero power?
>
> Does that help?
>
> Andy
>
> http://gd0tep.com

G4AON suggested that I put it into TEST mode, in which case it will only mute the receiver when I key it up. That seems like a good solution.....but now that it is muted I can't get it to XMIT anymore :-( There is an awful lot to try to figure out on this radio, and obviously something that I should have tried to figure out before I went to the East Coast this week :-( Obviously with a blown up converter I guess I won't be on at all for the EME contest this weekend, but I hope I can get something lashed together so I can operate both 6m and 2m EME again for the P29 and all my other 6m EME skeds next week! Right now, I can't even XMIT with it on 6m anymore....
73, Lance