kratchkov wrote:

The 1N34 diode on my KAT has its glass broken.  With what kind of diode can I
replace it?  What kind of characteristics does it need?

The best replacement is probably one ordered from Elecraft. They should only charge letter post shipping for something like that.

However, it is a germanium point contact diode. (Schottky signal diodes are almost as good, and I believe that is what is actually used in some of the more recent Elecraft designs.)

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to Elecraft products and more general topics related ham radio"