I'd like to be able to calibrate it to 1 uV and 50 uV and know that the noise
on the band is -10 or +3 dBuV and that the signal from a friend has gone
down to +18 from +26 last week and previous.  That requires a calibration,
and while one could just use what the rig does naturally as a reference, the
K3 has changing SDR code, and maintaining a calibration on a reference
source sure does simplify things.

To another objection earlier in the thread, inexpensive test equipment
doesn't have selectability to narrow down on a single CW signal. So I'm
looking at the firmware only abilities (not hardware) of a K3 to do
something that has always been a bear.  Other SDR's have it, so I figure
Wayne will get to it in time, and I will have a piece of on-the-air test
gear that I've never had, and prior to now couldn't get without taking out a
mortgage.

73, Guy.