Joe Subich, W4TV-3 wrote:

> David,
>
> I'd suggest some averaging ... perhaps five or 10 sample
> log weighted moving average ... and recommend converting
> from BG; to SM; polling since the BG; scale is truncated
> if CWT is selected in CW or data modes.

This is new information that I don't even see in the K3 Prog Ref, which says
that the SM command is only provided for support of legacy (presumably
Kenwood) apps, and that new software should use the BG command.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham
Directory    http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html KComm for Elecraft K2 and K3