The memories are a great feature, but I still think it could be augmented.

1) The last thing I expect to happen when normalising (1/2 sec press basic
function of the Norm button) is for the radio to switch filters, there is an
XFIL button for that if I need it. I think this has a negative effect on the
user friendliness of the transceiver.

In firmware:
instead of,
Change to default roofing filter for that mode and normalise DSP around it.

replace with,
Determine current roofing filter in use and normalise DSP around it.

2) When using the norm memories, I've noticed that if you memorise a 1KHz
roofing filter and 700Hz DSP, then recall that memory, you get the 'wings'
on the filter display associated with the passband being normalised when
clearly it is not.