HI Paul,
  I enjoy my K2, with about all that you are looking at, the noise blanker does
its job very nicely on
ignition noise, and an electric fence, that my horses insist on messing with.
The rs232 interface hasn't been used
here yet. The  DSP filter is a good addition, especially in the crowded
conditions of cw at times... especially for continueing the chat, when someone
moves in a bit too close, because they don't hear as well. And the hearing as
well is an outstanding feature. I find myself cuddled up to a QRO station, and
not even know he is that close, until the other station says something.. then I
open the rx up a bit, and there he is.. especially when I do a side by side
with other rx, it becomes very very obvious, the filter skirts are better and
the shape of the bandpass is better than other rx, until you get way up into
the drool region.... and that would be right up there with the K3.
  The one other thing that is a key point... very key.. is that Wayne and Eric,
and the rest of the Elecraft crew, are very responsive to requests, and the
expanse of excellant information, very helpful with all the assistance that is
so missing from other brands... is right here.
  Jump in, enjoy, and get the best. --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy