I built my K2 several years ago (#1609) and have been very pleased with it.
I do digital modes, PSK & RTTY, almost exclusively and I would recommend the
following

        1.  KIO2 - Highly recommended - this provides computer control of
the K2 and integrates your K2 with the software. "Wouldn't leave home
without it."

        2.  KAT2 - Highly recommended if you are not going to have a "tuned"
antenna.  I use random wires because of antenna restrictions and have good
luck getting a match.

        3.  KAF2  -  I have the KAF2 and do not use it much.  I'd really
like to see the center freq around 1000 Hz for digital modes which can be
done with some component changes.  This mod is still on the "to do" list so
that gives you an indication of how much I use it.  I'd wait and add this
later (it's easy to do).  Helps with the cash flow, as well.

        4.  KDSP2  - Don't have one so I can't offer any help.

        5.  KNB2 - The noise blanker is of marginal use in my rf
"environment"  Others have found it very useful because they had specific
kinds of pulse noise to deal with.  If you get one you need to keep the RF
gain up so that there is enough signal to trigger the blanking.

Remember, most of these modules can be added after you build the K2.  When I
built mine, I checked the manuals for the modules to see what modifications
were necessary to install them.  Any parts that needed to be removed, later,
I installed with extra lead length so they would be easier to take out, when
the time came.

When I built my K2, I got a PWB holder and found it very handy.  There are a
lot of parts to stuff and solder.  Not having to juggle the PWB at the same
time made it that much easier.

Good luck and enjoy the building.
Logan, KZ6O