Mike -

I have a similar phenomenon, but it's a "soft blast", a burst of low audio as the radio turns on, followed by normal operation. Last 2 firmware loads exhibit this.

I had a loud blast once before. Try reloading all the software and data tables, that fixed it for me.

Monty  K2DLJ

When I turn the rig on there is a momentary loud blast from the speakers. It
lasts maybe 250 milliseconds and then everything is normal. I get the
phenomena when in CW, data, SSB modes. I do not see it show up in AM.