Dave -

You'll need a sufficiently powerful PC, and be willing to load and configure
several other programs on it.  My PC, a five year old Dell 4550 (2.5 GHz
CPU, 1GB RAM is only semi-useful for other functions when I've got all the
LP-PAN related software running, and that's with an internal sound card.
When I tried the setup with the E-MU 0202 external sound card, the CPU went
to 100%, and the PC was useless.

You'll also need to be able to dedicate sufficient screen real-estate to the
display, which include not only the band scope, but rig control features
which you may or may not use.

I'm planning a PC upgrade for 2009.

73,
Steve  NN4X