On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 07:53:22 -0500, you wrote:

>Dave -
>
>You'll need a sufficiently powerful PC, and be willing to load and configure
>several other programs on it.  My PC, a five year old Dell 4550 (2.5 GHz
>CPU, 1GB RAM is only semi-useful for other functions when I've got all the
>LP-PAN related software running, and that's with an internal sound card.
>When I tried the setup with the E-MU 0202 external sound card, the CPU went
>to 100%, and the PC was useless.
>
>You'll also need to be able to dedicate sufficient screen real-estate to the
>display, which include not only the band scope, but rig control features
>which you may or may not use.
>
>I'm planning a PC upgrade for 2009.
>
>73,
>Steve  NN4X
[snip]

I'm running my K3/LP-PAM combination with Ham Radio Deluxe instead of LP_BRIDGE.
I found that the HRD connection to the K3 was slow using LP_BRIDGE, but improved
very much with the direct connection to HRD.

When running the two my CPU is at between 35% and 45%.  The screen real estate
is as you say, but unless logging with HRD I keep PowerSRD in from and to the
side so I ca click on HRD to do logging.

Tom Childers, N5GE

K3 #806, XV144, XV432
Mini-Modules

Few elected officials or