Joe Subich, W4TV-3 wrote:

> I suspect Logic is another of those logging programs that send
> the mode before the frequency.  I suppose I'll dig out a copy
> and the serial port monitor one of these evenings to confirm
> that.  Perhaps I'll even run through all of the logging programs
> that I have for support purposes and document those that will
> have problems with the K3 (known issues: DXBase, DX4Win, AClog
> and Win-EQF so far).

I wonder if this common issue could be resolved by having an option to make
the mode command work per VFO (all bands) rather than per VFO per band?
Another possible solution is that if the band change is made using a
software command rather than a front panel button press, the K3 could simply
leave the mode as it is already set.

It is not always enough just to send the mode command after the frequency
command because you have to fight the K3's intention to switch to the mode
you last used on the selected band. So the software has to change the
frequency, wait a fraction of a second for the K3 to do its mode change, and
then change the mode to what the software wants. It probably is expecting
too much of software developers to add this specific support for the K3, if
no other radio has the problem.

-----
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222.
http://www.g4ilo.com/ G4ILO's Shack   http://www.ham-directory.com/ Ham