Hi,

I, too, would be very interested in seeing how "entire HF spectrum digitized
at once" receivers would fare in the real world. I am *very* skeptical.
Although the Perseus (with that architecture) receiver fares relatively well
in the recent ARRL test, the testing completely ignores what happens when
there are not *two* but thousands of strong signals in the passband. With
this new architecture, it's imperative that ARRL and other labs find other
ways of evaluating real world performance as a simple two-tone test becomes
completely irrelevant.

Toby Deinhardt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> has anybody done a serious test of the ADT-200A transceiver yet?
>
> <http://www.adat.ch/index_e.html>
> <http://www.adat.ch/pub/Presentation_Hamfest_22-09-07.pdf>
> <http://www.adat.ch/pub/ADT-200A_Messresultate_V10.pdf>
>
> It would be rather interesting to see how the concept used by the K3 (24
> bit digitalization after IF) compares in the real world to the early 14
> bit digitalization as used by the ADT-200A (and afaik by the Perseus RX
> from Microtelecom), especially with the chips available currently.
> <snip>

-----
AB2TC - Knut