I am curious about this, but not sure...

I understand that the input gain on transmit is separately settable for front panel vs. rear audio in.

But, it would make sense to me if the compression and gating were also separately adjustable, front and rear.

Why? Because when I operate phone, I use the front MIC jack, and want some compression and gating; when I operate digital sound card modes, I would like to have no compression, and no gating.

Is there a way to do this and I am missing it, or am I hoping for an upgrade to the firmware?

73 de Dave, W5SV