That may have been the problem, although it has worked without a hitch for several updates. After getting the radio working again with Windows, I reloaded the Prolific drivers on the Mac, and fiddled a bit more. Then everything on the Mac was back to normal, too.

Just one of those things. There are a lot of brand names of USB/ Serial converters. Don't know about the Keyspan version, but a large number of these things, regardless of brand, use the same Prolific chip, perhaps with different drivers.

Anyway, it's working. I am going to go hunting for a different interface, however, if the problem reoccurs. It's too much hassle to drag out the old Windows PC :)

Thanks ... Grant/NQ5T