That sounds about right to me. Remember, the general meaning of pink and black (at least back when I was actually an engineer) was that black plastic bags, foam, etc indicated "static dissipating" ... the material was actually slightly conductive. Anything pink in color was defined as "non-static" ... meaning that the material would not contribute electrons or ions to the environment that would cause static voltage buildup. Pink material was usually non-conductive but was allowed in static sensitive environments.

Don K7FJ

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Woolley (E.L)" <for...@david-woolley.me.uk>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 08:40
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] easy source of static dissipating work mat?

David Woolley wrote:

I believe the silvered ones do work like mats.

As people seem to be under the impression that metalised bags are highly conductive, I measured one, and it comes out to be about 4 MOhm/square, which is not very conductive by my standards. In fact, within the measurement tolerances, my anti-static mat has the same surface resistivity!

I may be wrong about the pink ones though. They had about 4 times the resistivity, but still on scale.

--
David Woolley
"The Elecraft list is a forum for the discussion of topics related to Elecraft products and more general topics related ham radio"