On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:23:39 -0800 (PST), -.-.  --.-N3TU -.-.  --.- wrote:

>Does anyone have a commercial mic on their K3? I was thinking of getting a
>Neumann TLM-103. Is it a lot of trouble to get this condenser mic working on

Yes, it is a LOT of trouble, and a complete waste of money for ham radio.
First you need balanced phantom power, then a real mic transformer to connect
it to the K3. There's no good reason for using a mic like this in ham radio.
I'm using an EV RE16. It is ideally suited to ham radio, rejects noise in the
shack, no proximity effect, no breath pops, etc. It works very well with
every ham rig I've tried it with, including the K3.

See http://HamInterfacing.pdf for details and a list of other great pro mics
to use in your ham shack that cost a LOT less.

BTW -- I own a lot of pro mics, including a pair of TLM170s. They're great
for recording acoustic music, which is what I use them for. I wouldn't dream
of using them in my ham shack.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC