If you are after quality, THP make good amplifiers. You can now buy them in
the USA. (Also for VK Tokyo is nice and close.....relatively)

The market for Elecraft to produce amplifiers that are significantly better
while not costing very much more than the THP ones is fairly limited.

More likely developments may be K3 additions, for example the fabled
variable bandwidth IF filters. Perhaps a VHF radio. Perhaps a K2v2 QRP
portable with K3 receive performance.

It would be nice to see a KPA800 or a KPA1500 but I think we might have a
long wait.

Mike