Dave Agsten wrote:
There are numerous good amplifier choices out there. I wonder if some think
that with the Elecraft name on their amplifier it will make the same
differences that the K3 does when compared to other transceivers?
Jeff Wandling W7BRS wrote:

Does the market need another linear?  Probably not.

The thing that makes the KPA-1500 most attractive from my perspective, and surely others, is it's supposed SO2R ability. What other amps on the market offer similar capability other than the SPE Expert 1K-FA (which is only 1kW)? A KPA-1500 is domestic, so eliminates the extra steps involved in importing, et.al. compared to an SPE.

It would be nice to know the specs on port isolation and actual band-switching delay (auto-tuning aside) in SO2R if a KPA-1500 becomes a market reality, and whether it would be deemed contest grade with frequent band switching, or one would be better off looking at two separate amps. At the proposed price of the KPA-1500 in 2006 compared to separates, eyes definitely gravitate toward the Elecraft amp.

Best 73
Eric NO3M (ex  NI3S)