In a recent message, Dave Yarnes <w7...@cox.net> wrote ...

This will probably go over like a lead balloon, but I have a suggestion for something new/different for New Years Eve. As most of you know, there is a long tradition of dragging out the hand keys and doing "Straight Key Night" (SKN) on New Years Eve. I frequently drag my hand key out too, and make at least one or two contacts. But to be honest with you, using a hand key only brings back memories of how painful using a hand key can be.

But it's good exercise, Dave, and keeps the old wrist muscles supple preventing you getting arthritis during advancing age. I often get out the old brass pounder for a change from the paddle. Receiving hand sent Morse is also good practice; I am sure we are spoilt by the ease of reading the near prefect code sent by paddles.

73
--
David G4DMP
Leeds, England, UK