Kok Chen wrote:
The odd thing is that the glitches in Iain's recording appear to occur a cycle or two before a frequency shift. It almost appears to be due to an improperly windowed FIR filter, but it could be caused by anything else...

It does seem like something like that, but what I can't get past is the
fact that turning off the text decoder makes the problem go away (for
me, at least).

BTW, occasionally I can start transmitting with the text decoder on, and
the problem will not occur, and doesn't seem to start during a
transmission, but if I stop and restart, the problem comes back right
away.

I've also reproduced it at different mark ("PITCH") frequencies.

I wonder if it could be some sort of resource contention between the
decoder and the DSP.... or something?

    ~Iain / N6ML