I am in the middle of installing the KRX3 in my
K3/100 (s/n 1152), and have bumped into a "stopper".

I am at the point of re-mounting the main DSP board
to the front panel board. I find that there is a
metal standoff mounted on the front panel board near
J31 which is in the place that the newly-mounted
nylon standoff (same length) is mounted on the
Main DSP board. This standoff is attached to the
Main DSP board in the KRX3 instructions at the
top of page 17.

Has anyone else run into this?

Can I remove the nylon standoff from the Main DSP
board and leave the metal standoff on the Front
Panel board in it's place? It looks like there are
some components on the Main DSP board near where
the top of the metal standoff will rest.

I **really** don't want to remove the front panel
board from the front panel assembly to remove the
metal standoff, especially without explicit
instructions. I'm sure that there are a screw and
lock washer behind the between the board and the
front panel, so unscrewing the standoff is a
crapshoot of whether the parts behind will come
out with some shaking.

I've placed a photo of the metal standoff on the
Front Panel board online at:

 http://www.k8nd.com/FrontPanelStandoff_3489.jpg

73,

Jeff  K8ND