G'day Ron:

You misunderstand my situation.

I *have* mounted the nylon standoff to the
Main DSP board as you describe.

My problem is that there was *already* a metal
standoff mounted on the Front Panel board, in
the hole that you mention as vacant, and on
which the nylon standoff rests. That standoff
was mounted at the time of original construction
(not by me), and is shown in the photo for which
a link was provided.

So, when it came time to re-mount the Main DSP
board to the Front Panel board, the new nylon
standoff on the Main DSP board want to sit **on
top of** the metal standoff on the Front Panel
board (obviously not possible). You can see this
in another photo at:
http://www.k8nd.com/Duelling_Standoffs_3485.JPG

One of the standoffs has to go. The only question
I have is whether I can leave the metal standoff
in place and remove the nylon standoff, or
whether I need to disassemble the front panel
assembly to take off the metal standoff.

Thanks.

73,  Jeff  K8ND