On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 22:24:22 +0000, you wrote:

>While we're opening the notch topic, how about a truely narrow notch for
>CW-- maybe about 30Hz.?
>
>The present one is far too wide for most CW situations.
>
>One is running stations and another station starts up too close on one
>side.  A narrow notch could be one more tool.....
>
>Alternatively, fix the shift control to have the 10Hz steps requested by
>others when using narrow CW filters.
>
>73 de Brian/K3KO
[snip]

I looked at the auto and manual notch on a waterfall once.  You are right, it is
wide notch.  It's too broad for CW and almost too broad for SSB.

I'm OK with the way the button works but would like to see the notch about 25%
as wide as it is currently.

And yes, I would also like to have 10hz steps for all the filter adjustments.

Tom Hinson Childers, N5GE

K3 #806, XV144, XV432
Mini-Modules

http://www.eQSL.cc/Member.cfm?N5GE