Here in Northern California, 40 meters is all but unusable within 2 or
3 hours after sunset, and 30 meters acts more like 20 these days--
fading out badly as soon as the sun gets close to setting.  20 is even
worse than earlier this year--today is typical, with nothing much
heard after about 3:30 PM local time--really rotten!

The main thing I notice is that 40m is so bad at night lately, and
shows no sign of improvement.  Even last weekend's NAQP CW contest
couldn't keep an "opening" going on 40m Saturday evening--everyone
just faded away before the contest ended at 10 PM local.

That only leaves 80 and 160 for night work, and they've been pretty
decent, actually.  Thank goodness we have allocations spread around
the HF spectrum.

The sunspot activity is kinda like the economy right now--we're all
hoping we just saw the bottom, and it's all "up" from here.

Strange times.

72 es 73,

Dave (K2 #6390)
http://www.k7daa.com