Yes, 20m seems highly variable the last few days, but between 14:00 and 15:00
UTC today, I managed seven stations on SSB over a big chuck of Europe and
bypassed a number of Italians. Later in the day Liberia and Brazil came up.
Not too impressive but better than I've heard in a few days.  The antenna
was a Cushcraft R5 vertical, not the strongest, and 100 watts in an S6-7
noise environment.

Chuck, AE4CW