----- Original Message -----
From: "Lyle Johnson" <k...@wavecable.com>

> I find the built-in soundcard function on my various computers to be
> perfectly adequate for soundcard-based digital modes with my K3 and
> other radios.

A *very* good reason for using a second soundcard is that Windows will not
use it for send the clicks, clacks and beeps you hear while playing with
your PC. On SSTV it's easy to see when someone is using the internal
soundcard instead of second card.

A good soundcard will not suffer from intermod - just like a good radio.

So even if you don't want to shell out for a microHam spend $50 and get a
second soundcard anyway and use this for your radio.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV
www.ham-radio-deluxe.com