> -----Original Message-----
> From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:elecraft-
> boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Jay Bromley
> Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2009 12:00 PM
> To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] AGC Setting for PSK-31

I just did a little poking around for USB sound cards. The link
http://www.usbgear.com/USB-Sound.html
has a slew of USB sound cards packaged a variety of different ways. The
specs on these devices appear to be identical. Probably the same internals,
just package a variety of ways for marketing purposes. When specs are listed
they all appear to be about the same, Sampling rate (fs): 32, 44.1, 48 kHz.

I looked for specs on the internal sound card in the Thinkpad T60p. It uses
a AD1981HD:  HD Audio SoundMAXR Codec. The specs seem to be about the same
as all these other USB devices.

HD audio sample rates
8 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
Greater than 90 dB dynamic range
S/PDIF output: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz, 16- or 24-bit

Doesn't look like any of these $20 devices would gain me a thing. I was just
looking for a cheap alternative to play with.....

Adam - ka7ark